Effective from 04th of October 2010
SmartSupport takes your privacy seriously. Please read the following information to learn more about our privacy practices.
- This policy covers what personally identifiable information SmartSupport collects and how it is treated. Personally identifiable information is information that can be used to identify visitors to the http://www.smartsupport.com Web Site. This information may be limited to an IP address or extend to personally identifiable information such as your name, address, email address, or phone number.
- This policy only applies to http://www.smartsupport.com and does not extend to the practices of other Web Sites that we may link to, companies that we do not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage.
8 The Green,
Dover, DE 19901
You may contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may contact us by phone on 1-888-775-5877
When visiting Web Sites certain information about you and your computer can sometimes be collected. This section explains what information SmartSupport collects, and how it is used.
- What information do we collect and why?
We collect the following identifiable information about our visitors:
- user.name (optional)
- user.home-info.online.email (optional)
- user.home-info.telecom.telephone (optional)
- user.business-info.telecom.telephone (optional)
- user.business-info.online.email (optional)
We collect identifiable information for the following reasons:
- Web Site and System Administration
- Research and Development
- Answer Your Questions or Respond to a Specific Inquiry
Collecting information about your computer will allow us to potentially diagnose and repair computer related problems.
Our Web Site generates server log files automatically. These log files are used to generate statistical information and error reports to ensure the Web Site runs with a minimum of disruption. They are not actively used to identify individual visitors.
- Who has access to the information collected?
- Ourselves and/or our entities acting as our agents or entities for which we are acting as an agent.
- How long is this information retained?
- We do not have a retention policy for this area of the Web Site.
What are cookies/clear GIFs and how do we use them?
Cookies: Like many other commercial sites, our site utilizes standard technologies called "cookies" and clear GIFs to collect information about how our Site is used. A cookie is a small data text file, which a website stores on your computer's hard drive (if your web browser permits) that can later be retrieved to identify you to us. Cookies were designed to help a website recognize a user's browser as a previous visitor and thus save and remember any preferences that may have been set while the user was browsing the site. A cookie cannot be read by a website other than the one that set the cookie. A cookie cannot pass on a computer virus or capture any of the Personally Identifiable information.
Clear GIFs: At times, we work with third-party service partners that employ clear GIFs (also known as pixel tags, single pixel GIFs, web beacons or action tags) for our benefit to help us measure advertising effectiveness. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of our users. The main difference between the two is that clear GIFs are invisible on the page and are much smaller, about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Clear GIFs are not tied to your Personally Identifiable Information and only track the visitor traffic and behavior to and on our Site.
Clear GIFs can "work with" existing cookies on a computer if they are both from the same website or advertising company. That means, for example, that if a person visited "www.companyX.com", which uses an advertising company's clear GIF, the website would match the clear GIFs identifier and the advertising company's cookie ID number, to show the past online behavior for that computer. This collected information can be shared with the advertising company. We do, at times, provide such information to our third-party advertising service partners, but that information never includes personally identifiable information.
Please Note: SmartSupport is an independent technical support provider. We are not affiliated with any 3rd party brand unless otherwise specified. Brand names, logos, trademarks and/or company names are used merely for depiction purposes and belong to their respective owners only.